Sunday, January 14, 2007

New or changed MAN?

"the more things change, the more the stay the same"; I think I agree with that statement about change. I am finding out as I get older that I am not radically transformed anymore. Maybe it is that rule of diminishing return or something. My friends continue to expect certain things of me and I have continued to try the change up routine - i.e. - argue on the right side as much as I am expected to be leftish.

A lot more has changed since. The rate of change is faster but not too dramatic, subtly speedier if you will. My hair is subtly receeding. I find it funny that the hair follicles are not falling out but rather the texture is changing; it is becoming a lot softer and straight on each side of my forehead. I am not alarmed, it is a natural course; I luke cute-er.

My psychology changes a lot but my philosopher improves within the same school of thought (- that is if it is legal for me to say so myself.)

I still love technology (as much as ever). I have come to discover that I am more of a techie supplier than the user - ask me what that means later. I am mostly surprised that I am satisfied with developing strategy as much as I was with delivering day by day feelable results. The empirical experience is more intense in strategy than mechanical application - that is my take.


Therefore, I woke up this morning and took an IQ test. The results did not contain much information, I still scored very high, the difference this time was that I saved the results. The compelling reasons are still not clear to me; am I anticipating that at some point I will not be able to score as high? Time will tell.

No comments: